Below are links to several websites, factsheets, and booklets that provide useful information for newly diagnosed persons, their families, and carers.
- American Brain Tumor Association - Visit the American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA).
- Cancer Council NSW - Brain and Spinal Cord Tumour
- Understanding Brain Tumours (PDF) - This booklet contains useful information on making treatment decisions.
- ABTA Publications, including
- Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada Pediatric Handbook - (The handbook has been developed by the BTFC and is customised for families with a child diagnosed with a brain tumour)
- BTAA Brochure (PDF)
- 'It's Okay to Ask' (PDF) treatment questions.
- Your Brain Tumor Pathway (PDF)
- Cancer Institute NSW Facts Sheets and Resources
- Patient Support Resources - 'The Way Ahead' and a Treatment Diary - Temozolomide
- Brain Cancer Group - Patient and Carer Kit
- The Views of a neurophsychologist - Dr Gail Robinson (PDF)
For resources in languages other than English see our Multi-cultural Support.
Brain Tumour Australia Fact Sheets
Mental Health Issues and Brain Tumours
Beyond Blue and BTAA
NSW Oncology Group, Cancer Institute NSW
Managing changes to thinking and behaviour after diagnosis of brain tumour - a series of fact sheets and information resources for patients and their carers (16 Fact Sheets and 11 Resource Sheets). These resources provide important information about many of the thinking and behaviour changes people may experience following the diagnosis of a brain tumour.
/sites/default/files/files/Cancer%20Institute%20NSW%20Mental%20Health%20Fact%20sheets%202.pdf - (Fact Sheets 11-16 and the 11 Resource Sheets)
Brain Tumour Statistics
Transitions in Care (PDF)
End of Life Care (PDF)