Below are links to several websites, factsheets, and booklets that provide useful information for newly diagnosed persons, their families, and carers.
- Cancer Council NSW - Brain and Spinal Cord Tumour
- Understanding Brain Tumours (PDF) - This booklet contains useful information on making treatment decisions.
- Your key medical consultant team members - extracts 1 and 2 from the above document.
- American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) Publications, which covers different types of tumours, treatments, and various other brain-tumour-related information.
- Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada Pediatric Handbook - (The handbook has been developed by the BTFC and is customised for families with a child diagnosed with a brain tumour)
- BTAA Brochure (PDF)
- 'It's Okay to Ask' (PDF) treatment questions.
- Your Brain Tumor Pathway (PDF)
- Cancer Institute NSW Facts Sheets and Resources
- Patient Support Resources - 'The Way Ahead' and a Treatment Diary - Temozolomide
- Brain Cancer Group - Patients and Carers Section
- The Views of a neurophsychologist - Dr Gail Robinson (PDF)
- Aphasia - speech, language, comprehension and literacy issues
For resources in languages other than English see our Multi-cultural Support.
Brain Tumour Australia Fact Sheets
View all Brain Tumour Australia Fact Sheets
Mental Health Issues and Brain Tumours
Beyond Blue and BTAA
Brain Tumours, Anxiety and Depression (PDF) - Page being updated.
NSW Oncology Group, Cancer Institute NSW
Managing changes to thinking and behaviour after diagnosis of brain tumour - a series of fact sheets and information resources for patients and their carers (16 Fact Sheets and 11 Resource Sheets). These resources provide important information about many of the thinking and behaviour changes people may experience following the diagnosis of a brain tumour.
They can be found on The Brain Cancer Group website at this link and then click on 'Patient Resources'.
Brain Tumour Statistics
Brain Cancer in Australia Statistics 2021
Quick Brain Tumour Facts from the US
Brain Tumour Statistics - Facts 2016 (PDF)
(Note: These are American publications and not all information is relevant in Australia)
Orientation to Caregiving (PDF)
Transitions in Care (PDF)
End of Life Care (PDF)